How To Write A Literature Review For An Undergraduate Dissertation: Tips & Tricks
Undergraduate dissertation is one of the most important works of your college life. You entire future depends on the quality of work that you do. It is all about choosing a subject, generally from your area of expertise and then choosing a topic from it. As soon as you get a topic all you need to do is to do a thorough research and come up with brilliant materials for your undergraduate dissertation. You need to work hard as once you have decided and started working with it, you cannot ditch it in the middle.
What is a literature review in dissertation?
There are many parts in a dissertation. You need to have the basic ideas about all of them to come up with a perfectly written paper. One of the most important thing that thing to provide along with your work is a complete analytical view of the work that you have done in your paper. That is a literature review. The main fundamental work to be done is of two types. If you have selected a topic about which the audience knows less than you, then you have to act instrumental. If the audience knows more than you then you have make them familiar with the stuffs.
How to write a literature review for undergraduate student: tips
You have to do many analytical judgement of your own work and place it in front of the audience so that they can themselves judge your work and come up with their own conclusions. You have to give them enough scope to do so. The things to be included are:
- Try to compare the work that you have provided with the original existing literature. Try to have a soothing discussion on it.
- Try to talk about all the major issues that you have faced while you were writing on the topic. You need to understand each and every point in details and then make the audience understand it.
- You have to include the overview of the theories that you have used along with the subjects and the issues regarding the work. Try to make each and every point clear to the audience.
- Try to resolve all the conflicts that you have faced with some previous existing works and solve them with your own views.
- Try to talk about those works that has helped you in completing your work. Conclude your work with saluting them and showing respect to their brilliancy.